Discover the Difference Fiber-Optic Technology Makes
Fiber-optic internet is the most advanced option available today, leading the industry in speed and dependability. At Mountain Broadband, we are committed to bringing you the best service possible, and we are excited to offer this revolutionary technology to Coal Creek Canyon residents.
How Fiber Internet Works
Our fiber-optic internet is distinct from traditional cable internet in several ways. Fiber internet relays signals made of light through flexible glass that is enclosed in plastic tubing, while cable internet uses electricity to send signals through copper cables. The light signals sent through fiber travel more quickly over larger distances, and they don’t lose as much strength in the process.
Advantages of Fiber-Optic Technology
Fiber internet gives you many advantages over cable internet because of its unique properties. You can expect the following benefits when you make the switch to fiber-optic technology:
- Superior speed. Since fiber allows signals to be sent at light speed, it offers the highest possible download and upload speeds. It also provides lower ping times, or round-trip data transmission times.
- Symmetric speed. Fiber-optic internet gives you more utility by providing balanced upload and download speeds.
- Greater reliability. Fiber-optic technology is less likely to experience performance issues due to inclement weather, electrical disturbances or human contact.
- With fiber-optic internet, you can stream television shows and make phone calls through your internet connection. This lets you save money by eliminating your traditional phone and television services.
- Stronger signals. The signals sent through fiber decay less with distance than the signals sent through cable. This makes fiber-optic internet an excellent choice for homes and businesses in remote locations.
At Mountain Broadband, we use fusion splicing to create a continuous connection from your home to our distribution hub. This ensures that you can fully enjoy the benefits of fiber internet.
Potential Limitations of Fiber Internet
Fiber internet outperforms cable internet in most ways, but since this technology is so new, the necessary infrastructure isn’t installed in many areas yet. Depending on your location, your access to fiber-optic technology may initially be limited. To check your eligibility, please see our installation map to view the locations that we currently serve.
Why Choose Mountain Broadband?
At Mountain Broadband, providing you with the best service available is always our top priority. As a locally owned and operated company, we appreciate the importance of our relationships with our customers. You can always expect reliable internet service, reasonable pricing, and responsive assistance when you choose us as your fiber internet service provider.
Are you ready to upgrade to the fastest, most reliable internet service in Coal Creek Canyon? Call Mountain Broadband at 303-642-3858 or contact us online to learn more about your options.